At United Wound Healing, we are committed to providing you with the highest quality medical care. To achieve this, we need your help and understanding of our financial policy.
We participate in many insurance plans including Medicare Part B and Medicaid. See the common insurance carriers below for a complete list of participating insurance plans. If you are a member of such a plan, we will follow the plan’s guidelines for billing and collections and you will be required to pay any cost share that is due according to your insurance’s explanation of benefits form.
If we do not participate in your insurance plan, we will file a claim as a courtesy. All unpaid claims will become your responsibility 45 days following filing and are immediately due and payable.
Please keep in mind the following:
- Our fees are generally considered to fall within the acceptable range by most insurance companies, however, some insurance companies set reimbursement schedules that are below customary charges. Each company has a different reimbursement schedule and its payments may not cover the full amount of our charges.
- As health care providers, our relationship is with you, not your insurance company. While the filing of insurance claims is a courtesy that we extend to our patients, all charges are ultimately your responsibility.
- We realize that temporary financial problems may affect timely payment of your account balance. If such problems do arise, please contact our Billing Department promptly for assistance in the management of your account. Our reimbursement specialists can be reached at 855-255-1750, option 3, Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm.
Services Typically Covered by Patients’ Insurance Plans
Our wound and skin care services are typically covered by patients’ health insurance plans. We are an in-network, preferred provider for many insurance carriers and our services are covered by Medicare Part B and Medicaid. We do not charge our facility partners transportation, monthly, or any hidden fees. Instead, we bill the patients’ insurance carriers.
Below is the list of the insurance companies we most commonly work with. If you do not see a contracted health plan you are looking for, please call us toll-free at 855-255-1750, option 3.
- Aetna Insurance
- Champ VA
- Community Health Plan of WA
- Coordinated Care
- First Choice
- Health Net
- Labor and Industry WA State
- Molina MCD
- Molina MCR
- Mutual of Omaha
- Northwest Physicians Network
- Tricare For Life
- United Healthcare
We accept cash, checks, major credit/debit cards and money orders for payment (no post-dated or third-party checks). We charge a $40.00 NSF fee for any returned checks.
Alternative Payment Arrangements
If you are unable to pay your balance when due, please contact our Business Office to make alternative arrangements at 855-255-1750, option 3.
We may assign an account to collections if balances are unpaid after 60 days or if no payment arrangement is established.