Ryan became interested in caring for patients as a Physician Assistant with the goal of extending the hands of physicians and providing care in underserved areas. His passion for sports as an NCAA athlete and Olympic hopeful made sports medicine a natural fit. In 2011, he was introduced to skilled nursing wound care and felt a unique calling to provide specialty care in an often underserved area.
The love for this work and increasing demand sparked the idea of starting United Wound Healing, and eventually his role as CEO led to full-time leadership and administration. He still volunteers at several local high schools providing sports medicine coverage.
Education & Training
- Sports Medicine, Public Health
Oregon State University – Corvallis Oregon
- Master of Science, Physician Assistant Studies
Arizona School of Health Sciences – Mesa, Arizona
- Bachelor of Science, Pre-Medicine and Exercise Science
Pacific Lutheran University – Tacoma Washington
- Certified Physician Assistant
National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
Areas of Specialty
- Wound Care
- Sports Medicine
- Orthopedic Surgery
- American Professional Wound Care Society
- National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel
- Association for the Advancement of Wound Care
- American College of Sports Medicine
- Primary Care, Sports Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Orthopedic Surgery – 2007-2011
- Wound Care – 2011-Present
Ryan’s interests include spending time with his wife and their twin sons, physical fitness and exercise, and the outdoors including hiking and fly fishing.